We would like to invite you to attend the 2018 International Conference of the African Federation of Operational Research Societies (AFROS 2018) that will take place in Tunis, on July 2nd – 4th, 2018. AFROS 2018 is an initiative of the International Federation of Operational Research Societies (IFORS) and a great opportunity to promote Operations Research in AFRICA.
Submitted Extended Abstracts (at most 2 pages) should be written in English and submitted online via EasyChair before 25 April 2018 (extended deadline).
Selected extended-abstracts among those presented in the conference will be considered as potential full-paper publications, subject to peer reviews, in the following international academic journals:
1. Operational Research – An International Journal (ORIJ) published by Springer
2. Journal of Forecasting published by Wiley
The conference may be of interest to some of you or to your students, PhD students, colleagues, so feel free to share with your networks and to circulate widely.
Also, please note that:
1. Several grants that covers the conference registration fees will be available (courtesy of IFORS and EURO) for PhD students with a relationship with Africa, whether by birth, study or employment, and should show a demonstrated need for support. Applications must be submitted by 30 April 2018 to the Conference Program Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Participants from developing countries will receive a 40% discount on the registration fee.
3. Tunisian participants can pay the registration fee by order form (Bon de Commande). The Tax Registration number (Matricule Fiscale) of TDAS is 1288557/J.
4. one registration allows the submission of 2 manuscripts
For any question concerning the organization of the Conference, you may contact the conference organization desk at
For further information, please visit the conference website http://afros.tdasociety.org/
AFROS 2018 Program Chair