Détails de l’opportunité
DCAF’s Operations Middle East and North Africa Division is seeking a Part-time Content Administrator to manage the content of its online specialized news database. The Administrator is responsible for supporting the technical, operational, and administrative needs of the project. He/She would be based preferably in a country of the MENA region and work directly with other team members based in Geneva and DCAF’s field offices, and with service providers in charge of website maintenance development services.
The tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Support to facilitating access to country-specific press articles for national and international stakeholders on DCAF’s online specialized news database:
- Identify, collect and upload relevant articles, publications, reports, videos, and other news content by conducting research and liaising with relevant media outlets;
- Regularly review and update the list of re-publishable media outlets;
- Upload DCAF publications on the website’s dedicated section and ensure efficient picture management;
- Support the operational needs for other websites as required;
- Assist in the maintenance of the online database, particularly with regards to debugging, and identify opportunities for its technical and thematic improvement with other team members based in Geneva and DCAF’s field offices ;
- Manage social media accounts and advertisement campaigns linked to the online news content;
- Draft and distribute online newsletters and regularly analyse the website traffic statistics.
- Support to operations in North Africa:
- Draft or edit documentation in Arabic (letters, reports, publications, etc.);
- Provide any other conceptual or administrative support as required.
Position location: Middle East North Africa region (working from home; part-time )
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration of the mandate: 12 months, with possibility of extension
- Fluent in Arabic and English (mandatory)
- Relevant professional experience in online media, community management, website content management
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, international affairs, political sciences or a related field
- Good knowledge of the media landscape in the MENA region and at the international level
- Working fast, under short deadlines, with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision; to be proactive and solution oriented
- Knowledge of WordPress CMS is an asset
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to submit their applications by e-mail email@example.com. Applications must include a letter of motivation and CV in English, as well as the completed application form. The subject line of the application email should mention: “Vacancy CONS2016/ADM-OBS”. The deadline for applications is 20 Mai 2016. Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. DCAF is not in a position to respond to telephone inquiries.