Education for Employment (EFE) believes that when young people have jobs and the hope of building a future, they help lay the foundation for prosperous and secure societies. EFE has a network of local nonprofits operating across the Middle East and North Africa :Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Palestine, Yemen, UAE and Saudi Arabia.
EFE’s mission is to provide economic opportunities for youth, enabling them to transform their lives through productive, independent livelihoods. Two elements distinguish EFE: 1) We are a network of locally-run non-profits led by a national board of directors (mainly from the private sector) and staff, and 2) We complete the circle beyond training to place graduates in jobs or connect them to entrepreneurship support, and then to provide ongoing learning and civic engagement opportunities.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Communication Officer will work primarily with the Tunisian team and will also collaborate with the European and U.S. program and communication teams.
The Communication Officer will work to deliver effective internal and external communications and ensure high visibility for EFE-Tunisie and its different programs’ goals and achievements.
The communication officer will work with EFE-Tunisie team members and particularly program and outreach team members to pro-actively communicate on the EFE-Tunisie projects, creatively elaborating articles and success stories about different programs;
1°) Digital Communication:
The communication officer will ensure the update of information for all digital communication channels:
- Provide content and articles to update all digital media channels
- Monitor and strengthen EFE-Tunisie digital presence through EFE-Tunisie website and social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube,…)
- Provide content to maintain social media accounts updated with projects activities
2°) Internal and External Communication
The communication officer will be in charge of editing and copy writing in Arabic, French and English for all internal and external communications purposes including quick turnaround of stories to agreed deadlines. This is to include:
- Writing and publication of internal and external communications including weekly Bulletin, bi-monthly external newsletter, Annual report and Fact sheets
- Editing of presentations and marketing brochures about EFE-Tunisie dedicated to partners (employer and institutional partners) as well as donors.
- Developing branding materials related to EFE-Tunisie projects
- Drafting, editing and distributing materials related to project activities for the press
- Maintaining library of videos and photos for projects reports
- Developing success stories for each project
The communication officer will also assist in the elaboration of project proposals and narratives dedicated for donors.
3°) Media Coverage for EFE-Tunisie activities, events and graduation ceremonies
- Generating media coverage and conducting visits to radio stations and TV to ensure EFE-Tunisie visibility and
- Handling press and media enquiries,
- Elaborating press releases,
- Supporting and building relationships with journalists for coverage including media coverage for specific events such as graduation ceremonies, conferences and press conferences.
- 4-6 years of experience in a similar position
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience in communication on development projects – experience in communication on employment and education project and programs is a plus
- Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in French, English and Arabic is required
- Availability in a short deadline
- Interested candidates should send their application and CV to the E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org before November 24th, 2016
- Please mention “Job offer Communication Officer”.