Program Funding and Donor Relations Officer
Education for Employment (EFE) believes that when young people have jobs and the hope of building a future, they help lay the foundation for prosperous and secure societies. EFE has a network of local nonprofits operating across the Middle East and North Africa :Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Palestine, Yemen, UAE and Saudi Arabia.
EFE’s mission is to provide economic opportunities for youth, enabling them to transform their lives through productive, independent livelihoods. Two elements distinguish EFE: 1) We are a network of locally-run non-profits led by a national board of directors (mainly from the private sector) and staff, and 2) We complete the circle beyond training to place graduates in jobs or connect them to entrepreneurship support, and then to provide ongoing learning and civic engagement opportunities.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Program Funding and Donor Relations Officer will work primarily with the Tunisian team and will also collaborate with the European and U.S. program teams.
The Program Funding and Donor Relations Officer is responsible for prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of local and regional grants to governmental organizations, private foundations and corporations and donor stewardship on behalf of EFE-Tunisie:
The Program Funding and Donor Relations Officer will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Assist the CEO in developing a fundraising strategy,
- Assist the CEO in developing business plans to generate income from various sources,
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private corporations offering donations),
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform about donor opportunities and call for proposals matching the work of EFE-Tunisie,
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization,
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of EFE-Tunisie,
- Elaborate value propositions for local and international donor organizations, corporate and private foundations,
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of EFE-Tunisie,
- Organize or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for EFE-Tunisie
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization,
- Research and develop strategic and annual grant proposals and manage the grant reporting process in conjunction with program staff,
- Lead the EFE-Tunisie’s relationship development effort with corporate and private foundations to ensure its sustainability and solicit corporate (CSR) and foundation funding for programs,
- Develop a comprehensive plan focused on strengthening major individual and corporate in-kind relationships through a disciplined schedule of face-to-face appointments
- Assist the CEO in writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission,
- Create written donor relations communications as needed and assist the CEO with communications to donors and maintain up to date EFE-Tunisie profile with all partners.
- Four (4) or more years of progressively responsible and successful experience in fundraising, including knowledge of fundraising best practices and current trends
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred,
- Demonstrated ability and success to develop and cultivate authentic, ongoing relationships with donors and funders,
- Direct experience with donor event planning, organizing and logistics,
- Highly organized, with a keen attention to details and confidentiality,
- Able to meet deadlines, track multiple projects and manage complex schedules simultaneously,
- Solution-oriented approach to challenges; able to work well under pressure and maintain a calm, positive demeanor,
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills ,
- Fluency in French, English and Arabic is required
- Availability in a short deadline
- Interested candidates should send their application and CV to the E-mail address: email@example.com before November 24th, 2016
- Please mention “Job offer Program Funding and Donor Relations Officer”.