Startups within the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, (EBRD) region, including Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco are called upon to apply to Startup Wise Guys Accelerator, a startup accelerator which the EBRD has partnered with to support startups within the region. Startups from EBRD regions, including Tunisia, active in Fintech can apply on a website. This site is dedicated to a tailor-made accelerator program. Combining the latest Fintechs with the Bank’s objectives. This is to promote the development of competitive and sustainable economies.
Here Is What You Need To Know
- This program targets the wide range of Fintech, including any Fintech solution that can support post-coronavirus recovery.
- Selected startups will participate in an intensive five-month training program.
- They will also attract investments of up to 100,000 euros depending on their level of maturity, particularly from Startup Wise Guys, which could provide the key to their breakthrough.
- An international group of mentors will share their experience and advice.
Program To Start In October 2020
- The startup program will take place in Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania, from October 2020.
- Taiwan Business, EBRD Technical Cooperation Fund is co-financing this program.
- It is a full-time program combining on-site and online modules.
- Although the program takes place in Lithuania, there are no geographic restrictions for applicants.
- Successful applicants will be placed in an “EBRD cohort”. EBRD will focus on developing solutions that meet the bank’s objectives.
- For the startup accelerator, Startup Wise Guys, this will be the fourth Fintech-focused program, and its first time in partnership with the EBRD.
- EBRD actively supports governments of central and eastern Europe to improve the regulatory landscape of Fintechs.